
I saw this book in my good friend, Anto's library. I never thought much about it since I've never really read any Christian novels before. Last weekend however, Edison, the kids, and I made a special trip to Barnes and Noble to support Holy Angels School's fundraiser. (Barnes and Noble, by the way, might just as well be how I would picture heaven: books and coffee - doesn't get better than that!) We got a bunch of books for the kids - Christmas gifts! I already had a couple of books in my hand when I saw Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers. Recognizing the book cover from my friend's blog, I picked it up and read the plot on the back cover.
From that moment on, I couldn't put the book down. I've been finished with Child of Darkness: Prologue, but I decided to create this blog in order to capture the thousand different emotions that I am going through by reading the book. I needed an outlet, a sounding board for my thoughts before I could get on with the following chapters.
I am infamous for starting lots of books at the same time. I like to pick up a book, reflect on it... pick up another, reflect on it... and then another, so on and so forth. I am not sure why I do this, but I like the feeling that when I pick up the first book again, I have a fresher take on it than if I read it in one sitting. Strange, huh?
Anyway, I am not sure I could let that happen with Redeeming Love. It seems too good to put down, but like I said, I would need this blog to process through the emotions.
From that moment on, I couldn't put the book down. I've been finished with Child of Darkness: Prologue, but I decided to create this blog in order to capture the thousand different emotions that I am going through by reading the book. I needed an outlet, a sounding board for my thoughts before I could get on with the following chapters.
I am infamous for starting lots of books at the same time. I like to pick up a book, reflect on it... pick up another, reflect on it... and then another, so on and so forth. I am not sure why I do this, but I like the feeling that when I pick up the first book again, I have a fresher take on it than if I read it in one sitting. Strange, huh?
Anyway, I am not sure I could let that happen with Redeeming Love. It seems too good to put down, but like I said, I would need this blog to process through the emotions.
No comments:
Post a Comment