Saturday, January 5, 2008

Redeeming Love: Chapters 11-14

The last four chapters of (the section) “Defiance” sent me on a roller coaster ride.

It was beautiful – the night that Michael and Angel spent under the stars and watching the darkness being engulfed by the sunrise the following morning… and Michael says:

“That’s the life I want to give you… I want to fill your life with color and warmth. I want to fill it with light.”

I went from being in love to growing impatient with Angel. When would she realize how lucky she was that God had sent Michael to her? So I was getting frustrated, just as Michael was:

God, haven’t I touched her at all?

Slowly Angel felt different kinds of emotions towards Michael. As Angel let Michael in her heart and soul a little bit, getting to know her more, Michael changed her name from Mara (meaning, bitter), which he had started calling her, to Amanda (“it sounds like a gentle, loving name”).

I was sent at the edge of my seat, when they finally consummate their marriage. I was happy and sad at the same time. For but a moment, they were on the same page about the fire between them…

And then Angel ran away. She might as well had ripped my heart, too. I was ready to be depressed with Michael, but he didn’t give up. What made me think he was going to give up that easily? When he caught up with Angel, he did this great thing that made ME fall in love with his character even more:

That way is Pair-a-Dice [where the brothel is]… That way is home.

Free will, he gives Angel. (Sigh)

Angel came back and stayed with Michael, but only for a while. When she found another way out, she went to go back to the hell where she’s been – I mean all of it! So I might as well had vomited with her, and I felt as if my heart turned into ice just like hers…

(Damn, this is good writing, Francine Rivers! To take me into a journey, into a ride of emotions just like that – with the use of words in the novel… Can’t wait to begin the next section/chapter!)

No comments: