Sunday, December 30, 2007

Redeeming Love: Defiance - Chapters 1 & 2

Chapter One gives a snapshot of the person that Sarah/Angel has become. "She hated the men for their relentless quest for pleasure... All they saw was her beauty, a flawless veil wrapped around a frozen heart..." After everything that she's been through, can you blame her for turning out the way she did? *This issue definitely tugs on my heartstrings. I wonder if God is calling me to work on some ministry to help protect children's innocence, to save and heal children whose innocence had been robbed from them. I'll need a different outlet for figuring that one out.*

Chapter Two provides a glimpse of the hero, Michael: "There was something in his look that made men treat him with respect...He knew what he was about even if the rest of the world didn't." I love how Michael talks to the Lord, especially the at the end of the chapter: "'Lord, this isn't exactly what I had in mind.' But he knew he was going to marry that girl anyway."

I can't wait for Angel and Michael's first meeting! The romance pocket book reader in me is getting all worked up! I love how this novel is unfolding.

No comments: