Monday, December 31, 2007

Redeeming Love: Chapters 4-8

So five chapters later and Michael and Angel do not fall in love yet.

But I am falling in love with the story... :)

I haven't read the Book of Hosea, so I don't know how much of it is paralleled in these chapters. But I relate to the parts when there are inner conflicts between the characters and God. They mirror the struggles that I have sometimes with my Creator. I get stubborn and probe just as Michael does:

Jesus, I misunderstood. This can't be the one you sent for me... God, why her? Tell me that... Why do you tell me to marry a harlot?
This is the woman I have chosen for you.
That's what you want, isn't it, Lord?And you're not going to give me any peace until I [go back and get Angel].

And I love it when Michael says things to Angel, as the Lord would say them to us, His beloved:

"I'll provide what you need when you need it."

"I'm not going to give you anything more than you can handle."

"You'll be right here with me, where you belong."

Time to get ready for our New Year's Eve get-together. But, Lord, I want to thank You for this book so moving, I'm already thinking of friends and family to gift it to.

No comments: